Welcome to Toksta, where we take a fun and fresh approach to exploring the world of CRM software. In this post, we’ll be diving into the wonderful world of Chat Bots & Live Chat features within a CRM and why they’re such important tools for businesses of all kinds. Today, we’ll cover what exactly they are, how they work, what they do and how they can be used to improve productivity and customer relationships. We’ll also show some specific examples of how companies are utilising chat bots to grow their business.
Let’s jump right in…
What are Chat Bots and Live Chat Features?
Chat Bots are automated tools that allow you to provide instant responses to customer queries via a live chat interface. They can be programmed to answer frequently asked questions, provide product information, or even process orders.
In today’s fast-paced world, where more people use messaging apps than use social media customers expect instant gratification when it comes to customer service. This means that businesses need to be available to their customers 24/7, and Chat Bots & Live Chat are the perfect tools to help them do just that. By offering real-time assistance, businesses can quickly resolve issues, answer questions, and provide a personalized experience that customers will love.
Why chat bots / live chat is important for your business
If you’re running a business, you know that customer service is crucial for success. Happy customers are loyal customers, and loyal customers are more likely to make repeat purchases and refer their friends and family to your business.
That’s where Chat Bots & Live Chat come in. These two features of CRM software can help you provide top-notch customer service that will keep your customers happy and coming back for more.
In short, they allow you to automate responses to frequently asked questions, saving you time and resources while still providing customers with the information they need. This is especially useful for e-commerce stores that may receive a high volume of customer inquiries about order status, shipping, and returns.
Live Chat, on the other hand, allows you to connect with customers in real-time and provide personalized assistance. This can be a game-changer for businesses that offer technical support or have complex products or services. With Live Chat, you can quickly troubleshoot issues and guide customers through the buying process, all while providing a friendly and personalized experience.
Customers don’t want to wait on hold or wait for an email response – they want their questions answered as quickly as possible. By using Chat Bots & Live Chat, you can provide real-time assistance and resolve issues faster than ever before.
Chat Bots & Live Chat can help you stand out from the competition. In a crowded marketplace, it’s important to provide exceptional customer service that sets you apart from other businesses. By using these tools to provide a better customer experience, you’ll be able to differentiate yourself and build a loyal customer base.
So, now that it’s obvious why you need to be utilising live chat/chat bots, let’s jump into some specific examples of how businesses across verticals are utilising these powerful tools:
Examples of how SaaS companies use live chat / chat bots:
- Alert users of features they are missing out on – Chat bots or live chat can be used to remind users that aren’t using specific features that these features are available to them. This not only increases engagement with the product, but it can also help startups identify areas where users may need additional support or training.
- Alert users of new integrations – If a user has shown a preference for integrations with project management tools, the chat bot or live chat could notify them of an upcoming integration with a popular project management tool. This can increase engagement and satisfaction with the product, as well as help startups identify popular integration preferences among their users.
- Personalized Onboarding Support – Automatically message users who sign up for their product, and guide them through the onboarding process step-by-step. This can help reduce churn rates, as users are more likely to stick around if they receive support and guidance in the early stages of using a product.
- Real-Time Technical Support – Provide real-time technical support to users. This can help resolve issues quickly and efficiently, and can also reduce the burden on customer support teams. Set up a chat bot that automatically troubleshoots common technical issues, or provides users with quick and easy access to technical support resources. This can help improve the overall user experience, as users are more likely to feel supported and valued if they can easily get help when they need it.
Examples of how eCommerce companies use live chat / chat bots:
- Personalized Product Recommendations – Provide personalized product recommendations to customers based on their browsing and purchase history. This can help increase conversions and customer satisfaction, as customers are more likely to find products that meet their specific needs and preferences.
- Cart Abandonment Recovery – Automatically message customers who abandon their shopping carts. This can help recover lost sales by providing customers with incentives to complete their purchase, such as discounts or free shipping.
- Order Status Updates – Provide customers with real-time updates on their order status. This can help reduce customer inquiries and improve satisfaction, as customers are more likely to feel informed and in control of their purchase.
- 24/7 Customer Support – Provide 24/7 customer support. This can help improve the overall customer experience, as customers can easily get help whenever they need it, without having to wait for business hours. Set up a chat bot to automatically troubleshoot common issues, or provide customers with access to frequently asked questions and support resources.
3 Examples of websites with amazing chat bot / live chat experiences
- Sales & marketing chat from Jenny by Lead Desk
Jenny by Lead Desk is itself, a chatbot platform that sells chatbot solutions to other businesses, so you’d expect the chatbot on their homepage to deliver and we believe it does just that.
Interact with their bot to learn about key features, effective use cases, integrations, pricing and more, then get connected to a human if you need more specific information.
2. Customer support from Virgin Media’s WhatApp chatbot
Well known British television and broadband provider Virgin Media’s WhatsApp customer service experience is a good example of what can be achieved in terms of customer support with a Chatbot.
In this example, the customer is trying to cancel their plan and the chatbot guides them to the correct department in order to save the customer time being transferred across multiple sales agents before getting to the right team.
3. H&M’s product assistant Chatbot
H&M let their users navigate through product discovery and customer service via their smart customer support Chatbot, in the example below, I went looking for some floral clothing, the bot guided me in the right direction and even did a search for me.
Thanks for hanging out with us! We hope this inspired you and you enjoyed learning about the awesome ways your company can utilize live chat and chat bots.
From personalized onboarding to real-time technical support, the possibilities are endless. So, don’t be shy – try out some of these tactics and see how they work for your business. And always remember, in today’s world, a great user experience is key to success. Thanks for reading and we’ll see you next time!
Meet the author
Sam Cassman is a seasoned growth marketer with over 10 years of experience as growth marketer for startups and small businesses. He is the founder of Toksta, a research technology company that helps businesses find and purchase the best software and SaaS. Sam has also run his own growth marketing consultancy Honest Growth, where he helped numerous clients to grow their businesses, including Eventcube, Baluu, Obby, and NBM Group.
Leave a Comment